Monday, October 5, 2009

While I am waiting...

Wow, it seems like time is flying. I just read my last post and am amazed at the process God is taking me through. I will worship while I'm waiting, I will serve Him while I'm waiting... that's my daughter's ring tone on her phone, and one of my theme songs for the season. When I reread the last post I realized that I sounded pitiful. My hope is that my faith will overcome my fear as they collide continually. I can say, God is always more than I can ask or think and has always provided abundantly for me and my children. His arm is not too short, for sure. I get paid in a few days and praise God, I will be able to pay my bills short of the house note, for now. But I am still enjoying my house on 4 acres and the dogs, pigs and chickens are glad that we have not moved to the big city yet. As far as knowing what God is doing, I have never been any good at guessing and just when I think I've got Him figured out, He changes the plan anyway. For instance, a few weeks ago, my boss came in and told me that the man in charge of county jobs told him that I may be able to work a part time job with the county within my own job and get paid for both. That was terribly exciting because that would mean $32,000 a year as opposed to the $21,000 I make now. I was dreaming of all the bills I could pay, the gas I could buy, and the house I would be able to afford if they modified the loan. I just knew that God would do that for me. With more investigation, I realized that my dear friend was actually leaving her job, and that her leaving would give me this opportunity for more money. In talking to her about it, we decided that I could do both jobs fairly easily, and it would work wonderful as long as her boss was game. Two Fridays ago, she called me and said, her boss was leaving and that the new boss would require a full time secretary- so...that job was not mine. BUMMER...I fretted a bit about it, but always try to lean on the Lord, knowing that something better is just around the corner. It turned out that same afternoon I met a friend, who had told me of a job within the company that he works for the year before. He told me that his Office Manager was leaving and that I should put in for the job. Now, I am in the same boat, not wanting to overstep God, only wanting to do what he leads me to, but also getting excited that it could be. The job pays better, has better benefits, and from all the talk has less stress. Would God give me such a position? Of course He would. He will give me the desire of my heart. So...at first I was really opposed to leaving my current position, but know that it will be more stress to work 2 jobs than to find one good paying one. I am warming up to the idea of leaving, even though this job is the best I have ever had. I hate seeing through the glass dimly. I would rather hear exactly what I am supposed to do, but know that God opens the doors in my life he wants opened and shuts those he wants shut. I know that I have favor with all men because of the Lord, and that if He wants me to work in a different place he'll give it to me. After all, he gave me the job I am in. I wasn't looking for it, it found me. Isn't walking with the Lord fun. My dearest friend's mom says, Life's an adventure if you've got the guts to live it. I'm living it, Lord. I hope you see me living it and know that I am wanting to fully give it to you now. It's no longer what Leslie wants, but the plans you have for me.Help me not sway off the path you have designed for me. Help me hear and see exactly where and what the next step is that you've raised before. Hear my heart, oh Lord, I love you and want you, and can't live without you. Help me! Praise you for helping me! Thank you for your provision. Thank you for knowing my heart's desire. THank you for letting me minister to those that have ears to hear your goodness. I love you, Lord! You are soo good to me all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment