Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another adventure waiting to unfold.

I am getting really excited about several things.. isn't excitement the best feeling? You feel like God can do anything and you are anticipating the best, because He loves you! He does love you. He does want the best for you. He wants to stir the excitement in you. Try it...it's a great feeling. What in the world am I so giddy about? Well...first of all, I spoke with my boss and told him of the new career opportunity unfolding. He handled it beautifully and said all the right things. Like, he was gonna tell them I'm a crack head so they won't want me. GRINNING all the while. This morning I really wanted him to tell me what I need to work on, what are my weaknesses, so I'll be prepared when they ask me in the interview I am getting ready for. He said I was pretty close to perfect... now I know he's lying, but it is really nice to be wanted and needed. Anyway.. I hinted that a job might be in the forecast for my future because of finances, and I really believe it is. I spoke with a man at Trans Ova Genetics, which is a company that is stationed in Iowa but has a regional office in Centerville. He is the one who I need to charm into giving me this $30,000 job. He needs me and I need the money...so I think we'll be a good match. He was very nice on the phone and seemed pleased that I was coming to meet him tomorrow with my resume and application. I spoke with my friend Mr. Arnold, who told me of the job and he told me he had been building me up to them. I know I have God's favor and that His plan will unfold in my life. The Lord promised that He would bless me all around Ron. I know He will. Also, my oldest daughter Rebecca has her 16th birthday on Saturday, October 10th. I am so excited because I have arranged for a lot of my old friends to meet us at a Civil War Re-enactment Dance in Grandview, Texas. Rebecca is bringing some of her friends with us, we are going to tent camp and my kids will be dressed to the era. Excitement is in the air. I sooo long to be with my friends even if only briefly. I love what God is doing and can't wait for the picture to unfold. I do pray His perfect will in all of it though. I truly enjoy the job I am in and want the Lord to direct all of my steps.

1 comment:

  1. Leslie,
    I will be praying for you on your journey. I will especially pray about your new job opportunity. Can't wait to see y'all on Saturday. I miss you being in Blum. It was more fun with you here :O)
    Love ya...

    ReplyDelete