Friday, October 16, 2009

This last week was more than I could ask or believe for. It was my oldest daughter Rebecca's birthday on Sat. the 10th. I love birthday parties and have always thrown big parties so much so that it is getting hard to top the last one. I don't usually spend a lot of money, but put a lot of thought into how to best bless my kids and their friends. Rebecca turned 16 and her favorite thing to do these days is Civil War Reenactments, especially the reenactment dance. She's made lots of friends through this avenue and it has been something that the whole family enjoys. She found out that there was going to be a reenactment in Grandview, Texas a few weeks ago and asked if we could attend the dance for her birthday. At first I really blew off the idea, but as the Lord spoke to me about it, I decided to go for it. We loaded up several of her friends from Madisonville and met friends that she had grown up with. The friends she grew up with were a big suprise to her and it turned out to be a lot of fun. In the mean time I got to visit with my friends that I hadn't seen in a long time and that was a blast. We had a great time overall and I know Becca's sweet 16 couldn't have been more perfect. On top of that, her friends want to keep going to the dances with us! That will be great fun!
Another tidbit of faithfulness of my Lord, my son Jesse is 13 and he has desperately needed braces for some time now. Jesse knows he needs braces and has asked us for a couple of years now to get him some. Since I left Ron, I qualify for Medicaid...now I didn't really consider this until the other day, but Medicaid pays for braces if you really need them. Ron has full dental insurance, but braces cost $3,000 and his dental pays half of that. Medicaid will pay the remainder of the bill! Now trying to find a orthodontist who will bill Medicaid is another rodeo. I finally located one in Bryan and spoke with the receptionist. She told me that Medicaid patients have to wait 6-9 months before even being considered. I told her that I wanted to be very honest with her. I told her that I was looking to get a better job and may not need Medicaid once I do, but that there would be no way I could afford braces short of this small window of opportunity. She told me she had to call the people on the waiting list and roll them in. I said fine and I told Jesse we would have to pray... she called me back the next morning and said come see them Monday morning, October 19th which is Jesse's Birthday! I feel so incredibly blessed. She also said that once he is accepted by Medicaid for braces, they would pay whether I got the better job or not!

Hallelujah.. I know it's a small victory, but everyone counts at this point. I just feel so continually blessed to have a God that takes care of my needs according to His riches in Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment