Friday, October 23, 2009

Here we go...

I am not sure how much I have divuldged at this point about my job situation. My poor boss came in Wednesday like a whooped puppy dog. He was so disappointed that his scheme to give me part of his pay wouldn't work. The Lord had already told me it wouldn't because when Billy leaves Madison County Extension, then I would be being paid the amount that the new agent would need to be making... Anyway, so he told me reluctantly about another job that he knew about working for Center Ranch Veterinary Clinic in Centerville. It is an Office Manager for a Vet Office. Now, that seems pretty busy to me, which is fine. I haven't heard what the pay is, but did go ahead and submit my resume.

Mr. Arnold called this morning and told me they had me at the top of the list for the job at Trans Ova Genetics in Centerville. He said it'll be yet another week before they do interviews... all this is fine because Jesse's braces have to be approved through Medicaid first anyway. Medicaid, once approved will pay whether I get a better job or not! Praise the Lord. The dentist thought we'd have no trouble getting approved.

In the mean time, I was looking for the Center Vet Office position online and came across another job that really excites me. It's the Community Manager for American Cancer Society in Bryan. Now I have to admit that the pay starting at $37,000 is a huge bonus, but the job is organizing events for the ACS. The thing is, I would be organizing them with people that are committed to the cause. I am perfect for that job. With all of my experience in doing large events over the years for various fundraising projects, I should at least get an interview. Who knows but God...? I would actually get to minister in something that I can be passionate about. Of course, I am passionate about people...all people, but this different career path has definately sparked my interest. I hate cancer, and could see myself laying hands on people and praying all over Texas! WOWOWOWOWOW



Wouldn't that be fun? It's exciting anyway, to think I might qualify.


Now listen to my latest adventure... I have athlete's foot. I have fought athlete's foot for a long, long time off and on. I think it's the sugar that I eat, and how my body processes it cause invariably I always manifest some sort of yeast in my body. YUCKKK! Well, I heard an ad the other day for a Clinical Testing Facility doing a study on athlete's foot in Bryan. The test pays $1,100 once completed. It's a month study and requires a lot of blood work. That part isn't fun, but the last time they did the study they cured most of the people from the disease. I'm thinking free medicine plus getting paid, plus an electrocardiagram...etc. It could be good Christmas money, right? When I called they were full of patients and didn't need me. I left it in the Lord's hands and they called the next morning and asked me to come next Wednesday morning at 7:00 am.



Pretty much, I have not run out of money and I continue to declare that. It is true, by God's grace, but I was scraping the bottom of the barrel right before payday last week. I needed gas money and was believing God to provide so I could get to work the next day. I have change in a large vase that I have been saving up, but not wanting to touch. I went out to the pig barn to feed the pigs that I have since sold!! Laying on the feed table, right where I left it two weeks ago, I noticed the $20.00 bill wedged between two pieces of plexiglass. I had left it for Pops ( my neighbor and adopted Daddy) to take and buy some more pig feed. I never called him and told him it was there, and he never said a word about it. I grabbed it and had enough to make it through one more day until payday!!



Now of course, I am having a hard time letting go of the payday money to pay my bills... It's that poverty mentality of where is it going to come from if I let it go? There will be no more. Let me tell you the truth though. There is always more. You may not know where it will come from, but there is always more if you are God's child. He will provide.



Another tidbit that I have to look forward to... my mailbox provided a letter from Teacher's retirement from when I worked at the school. It turns out they didn't pay me all they owed me! I will be getting a $60.00 check sometime unexpectantly. Won't that be at the perfect time? It always is.



I'm learning that God is a better husband than anyone could ask for. He's patient, kind, gentle, and helps pay the bills!! LOL

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! I didn't think I could make it without credit cards because I was having to put groceries and gas on them there at the end. But you know what?... I've done BETTER without them!! The money always seems to be there. It's like God is sneaking some into my account without me knowing it. Richard and I are communicating so much better about money and things are really starting to look so much better.

    It sounds like you're doing just fine as a single mom. I like how you said "God is a great husband." :O)

    ReplyDelete