Monday, November 9, 2009

I did it!

Several weeks ago a dear friend of mine had a dream about me. I called my pastor friends to share the dream she had and after much discussion we agreed that the Lord might be calling me to share my testimony publically. I prayed about it and called my friends back and told them I wanted to come share with their church. Graciously and enthusiastically they asked me to do just that. So for the last 2 weeks I have been praying nervously asking God for what I am supposed to say. I thought it would be wise to write down notes so I didn't lose my point, and I had a lot of people praying for me. I have wanted to share and speak for a long, long time but have never really felt worthy. I haven't been through enough or overcome enough to be interesting to listen to.. I am not smart enough to speak eliquently or full of the Lord enough to be used. I am not good enough!! that is what I have always heard. The dream didn't leave much room for my excuses, but instead showed that it is time for me to start sharing my testimony.. Soo... I did. I got up and bawled all the way through it which was really weird because I didn't feel sad or anything...it was definately a different feeling.
I didn't really even realize I was crying, but my daughter says I was and I remember getting a kleenex at one point to wipe my eyes.. huh.?.? After I finished testifying, the pastor asked if anyone wanted me to pray for them... That was kind of funny because, I was hoping they'd pray for me. Several stood up and asked for prayer from me... WOW.

I am very humbled and know that God is up to something exciting. I loved speaking and had a great time yesterday sharing what God is doing in me. To top it all off, after I finished speaking, my daughter, Rebecca, stood up and shared a dream that she had had the night before. In the dream she and I were driving my truck together, switching off, and we had a bunch of folks in our truck. Along the road there were lots of cars crashing all around us, sometimes in front of us, and sometimes beside us, but we just kept going never crashing. Becca said that she at one point that they didn't need to fear because God was not gonna let us crash!! Her having God's boldness to get up and share her dream made my day! I think that dream promises that she and I will be ministering together and that God is going to get us to where we are headed despite all of the obstacles.

Hallelujah!!

2 comments: