Monday, January 11, 2010

Again my inadequacy..

So for months now I have been praying for a new couch. Not constantly or insistently, but my living room has zero furniture in it and it's rather echo-y in there. So the other day, I took the kids to the donut shop which sits directly facing our Sonshine Re-sell Center. I watched as someone unloaded a beautiful couch into the center and disregarded the nudging from the Lord to go buy it. I, in my opposite of faith, said in my heart, they'll want too much for it. I can't afford it, it's probably $150 at least. Blatantly I ignored the Lord and said, I'll go at lunch time.. So, at lunch time, I go and look at the couch which is more beautiful than I imagined.. I was sick when I saw the sold sticker on the back of it. I figured, oh well they probably got a fortune for it. On a whim, I decided to ask the lady how much they got for it... My stomach quickly soured when she told me $25.00. I had that in my purse. I pledge to at least look at every opportunity the Lord puts in front of me. At least investigate them from now on. Sooo, for now my living room is still very empty and loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment