Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We are nearly already through January...

Time is flying as it always has. I have so many things on my mind right now, but one of them of course is money. You know that life would be so much easier if you have money, right? That's how it seems on this side of life.. I have been getting up and walking every morning early, about 5:15 and spending time with the Lord. Now, about the first 10 minutes of our walk, I am praying and trying to quit thinking about how I am gonna make the mortgage, how I am going to pay the car note, electricity, the basic needs for my life. I am a generous person and give when I feel the urge, whether I have the money or not... I bless my kids with money and am trying to not look stressed out when they ask for yet another $20 for something that the school is promoting. I give at church and to those who I feel led to give to. I believe in giving and know that God has blessed me because of this principle. It is the sowing and reaping what you sow principle. I have seen it work in all sorts of areas of my life, like giving clothes and getting more clothes back.. (which becomes an issue when you're trying to get rid of clothes) lol. What I hear the Lord saying to me is, DO YOU TRUST ME... if you read my earlier posts you would see that this is a continual talk between God and I. I do adamantly say, YES, LORD, now. I should trust Him. I literally have not run out of money since August.. That's a miracle. Not even at Christmas time did I run out. That's a flat miracle and I am living proof that God is who He says He is. Worthy of trust, and absolutley worthy of praise. As I am writing this I am talking myself into trusting Him, you know.. The mortgage is coming soon, and I am believing God to move me into business, which is what I have had in my mind for as long as I can remember. I have been really trying to think of what I would enjoy doing with my life. I love entertaining at my home. I have always believed that if I had a big barn, I could do all sorts of birthday parties and events on my beautiful 4 acres.. This morning on Craigslist, I saw the opportunity to tear down a barn in a nearby town for the tin. I hesitated about it, but decided to answer the post. God is big enough, that if that's not what I am supposed to do, He'll give it to someone else, but I don't want to miss an opportunity, if it's meant for me. I said previously, that if the Lord opens a door, I am at least bound to explore the opportunity to see if it's for me. I am not gonna walk in fear and decide not to try something based on my lack of faith. Maybe that's what the scripture that I got this morning means...
James 2:14-17 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith
but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother
or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you
says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,"
but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied
by action, is dead.

I want to act on faith with deeds. I want to walk in faith. It is impossible to please the Lord without faith. I so want to be pleasing as I know you do. Will you walk with me in faith for my business? Will you believe with me that God will open doors for us that no man can shut? Thank you for reading my ramblings... I appreciate your heart.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Leslie. I have read back through all of your blogs and continue to be amazed and inspired at how the Lord favors you. Stop doubting your faith. You ARE good enough. You ARE enough for the Lord just as He is enough for you. He will meet ALL of your needs - even needs you don't realize you have. I loved reading everything. You might want to look at putting all of this in book form when you're finished and try to sell it. It really is an amazing story and it's also very relevant to many people in many walks of life. This could be your way of ministering to many and teaching about God's love for us if we will only accept it. God has not faltered in His love and care of you - do not falter in your love and faith in Him. Love ya! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete