Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Let me walk it out...

Well, I am sore. My weekend consisted of TEARING DOWN A BARN!! Hallelujah. The lady that advertised the barn on Craigslist said she CHOSE me out of over 40 emails to tear down the barn. Becca had asked her friends to help us tear down the barn and her boyfriend, Nick, who I'll talk about later, and another boy, Leonard, came to our rescue. Terry, another kid that I'll always love like my own, came later to help. We worked nonstop from 9 till around 4 o'clock on Saturday and got sooo much accomplished. It looked like when we first got there that it was so much that we couldn't do it. I never said that though.. we got our hammers and crowbars and went to work. After the first piece of tin came off, I knew we could do it. Leonard, a very strong boy and hard worker was the star of the day. He was good at it. He made the rest of us look very weak and it was good for him too. Jesse worked hard when it was only he and I, he's not motivated by mom's need in front of others for some reason. When Becca left to go get Terry, Jesse proved to himself that he could be a good worker. Nick, hurt his foot by stepping on a nail, and then it was time to quit work on Saturday. We left, tired, but excited about all that we accomplished. On Sunday, Leonard came with me and Becca and we loaded a borrowed trailer full with our tin and posts and lumber. We left some at the site that we will go back for this weekend, Lord willing. In the process of this, I saw Leonard's heart. Leonard is a boy that I adored all the way through Junior High while I worked there. He is quiet, but has a glowing heart that you can see through his beautiful blue eyes. He is now a strong kid, short and muscular, he does powerlifting for the high school. He is a wounded overcomer and that is what I am most drawn to. Leonard's mom is a drug addict from what I can remember. His grandmother was left to raise he and his two brothers. His grandmother did the best she could, but the kids were a lot for her. She got cancer, and went through a lot of distress. Recently, she has moved away to be with a boyfriend. Leonard's brother Jacob, who has mental issues, is now living with his mom. Jacob's twin, Alex, lives with his 20 year old cousin, and Leonard is living with a boy from school who doesn't really want him there. It feels like the family is housing him cause it's the right thing to do, not because they want him. Leonard is well liked by his peers and teachers. He goes to church regularly and is very active in his youth group. He is an overcomer. He is quiet, so you don't quite know what's on his mind. I was shocked on Sunday afternoon when I asked him how church was. His answer was, It was AMAZING! It took me back and I further questioned why... He was so impressed with the preacher's sermon. He said he had never seen him preach so passionately and it was just AMAZING! I think his self esteem is low because of his abandonment issues and his heart is so eager to please for those same reasons... I WANT HIM! He is asking Becca when we are going back to finish the barn. He knows I love him and always have. Please pray, I never expected or ever desired another child, but he is orphaned and needs love. I want him. I have said a few times jokingly to the Lord, "Can I keep him?" I have talked to Becca and Eliza about it.. They are thrilled. I have not talked to Jesse yet, but think he will enjoy Leonard's help with his goals for our property. And I know that Leonard will be a good role model for Jes. Jesse on Sunday tore down my chicken coop to add a bottom story to his treehouse. The funny thing is, that fixing the tree house and revamping the chicken coop are on my list of things to be done this year. I will pray for a while about Leonard joining our family. I absolutely have to hear God about this, but will get to spend time with Leonard again this weekend. He's coming to help again, because he wants to.

I went yesterday to the fairgrounds and noticed a big pile of walls and doors. I inquired about them and was told I could have them. I think I'll pick them up this weekend. I called a friend whose husband might can get me some telephone poles to use for my barn. I am so excited about what the Lord is doing, I am glad my steps are ordered by him, cause I sure don't know what I am doing... Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment