Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Couches and chairs..

Ask and you shall receive.. it seems that all at once my living room became livable again. Our Sonshine Center called me the other day to tell me they had a couch that I might like. It's a tan fold out couch, very plain and simple. I bought it for $40.00 and then the lady showed me the love seat to the couch I wanted to buy. They hadn't put it out on the floor because it was missing a cushion. After one look, I decided I could make a cushion that would work. I got it and have started working on the cushions. Hancock fabrics just happened to have all of their upholstery fabric for half off.. when I went. :) I also got the opportunity to shop at a local teacher's parents home and purchase a set of chocolate velvety swivel chairs with ottomans. They are in perfect condition. So.. I have living room furniture for company to enjoy now. My kids made sure we had plenty of company this long weekend to try it all out. I think we'll put the fold out couch upstairs in one of the bedrooms.
In keeping with the divorcing theme... Ron thinks my furniture is not necessary. He tried to talk me out of buying it. I have no idea why he would think I didn't need to purchase furniture for my bare room. I thought that was really weird.
Our divorce is final on February 12th. It looks like he is not gonna fight for custody of Jesse after consulting with his oh so wise lawyer. He had the nerve to ask me to let him claim the kids on his tax return since he was paying child support. He has kicked the support up to $300 a month, although I just read a note from his lawyer to mine that states the Texas requirement is $600 for his income. The $300 is just enough to make it where I am ineligible for Medicaid for the kids. They still qualify for Chips... So they Lord is weaning me from the State Welfare system... Hallelujah. I am seriously inquiring about a concession trailer with my friend Michelle. I'll update you on that later, but cooking is something we're both good at and it seems to provide a good profit.
The Lord has continued to supply all of my needs, and I have not run out of money since August. That alone is enough to praise Him for.. Lord knows it's not because of Ron's help. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment